4.11.2008

Bronzer

First off, I need to state that I. LOVE. BRONZER.

I think it should be a staple in everyone's makeup bag. It can give your face life in about 2 minutes. And, if you are taking care of your skin, and staying out of the sun, you will crave the sun-kissed look.

I have to give one of my best friends, Elizabeth, kudos for introducing me the greatness that is bronzer my senior year in college. She suggested that I use a little bronzer instead of the pound of blush I applied to my face every morning (this is pre-makeup school, people). WOW, what a difference!

I would like to give you all an example...and this hurts just a little, but it's for you that I put myself out there.

This is the "NO BRONZER LOOK"








And this is the "AFTER BRONZER LOOK"


(As a added bonus, cute babies will laugh and smile when you wear bronzer.)

As you can see in the second picture, I actually look alive and not near death. All because of bronzer. It's amazing.

The older we get, the less our skin has the pretty natural coloring that we take for granted as kids. So...how to apply the bronzer???

Repeat after me...

A little bronzer goes a long way!!!

If you pile it on, you will look unnatural and your face will not match the rest of your body. This is SO important.


1. Apply with big, thick powder brush. Not a blush brush, but powder brush...I don't believe in blush brushes.


2. Smile in the mirror. You are so cute! Now, while smiling, find the spot underneath your cheek bone, past the apple of your cheeks and brush 2 or 3 strokes of bronzer from that point to your ear. Repeat with the other cheek.


3. For the summer, you should be set with just bronzer. If it is winter, I also like to add a little pink to my cheeks to give the appearance of a "flushed" cheek.


What is a good bronzer you ask? I like this kind from Estee Lauder. I also like the one from MAC. If you would like to go with something a little cheaper, try this one form Loreal (however, the cheaper you go, the less the application b/c more will come out on your brush).


So, stay out of the sun as much as possible. Fake it all the way!


Enjoy your weekend! I will have a bridal post come next week!


LF

7 comments:

Jill said...

LOVE IT, and I am so glad that every Christmas for the last two years you have given me a bronzer. It is the gift that keeps on giving!

Biz said...

YOU are so cute! I LOVE this post! ha! ...and I actually had forgotten the ways of the bronzer, so I needed this reminder! I'm headed to the mall this weekend!

love you!

amy said...

Okay, now I have to go get some. I am SO excited to see what a difference it will make. Thanks for the great tip! Keep them coming. :)
(cute picture of Aunt Leslie and her sweet nephew!)

Lindsay Lou said...

I think I forgot about bronzer and will definitely be getting some! Do you think you could also post a blog on how to look as cute as you do in a hat?!?

The Proctors said...

Thank you so much!! I'm definitely going to get some! I love that you have a blog that you can share your tips! You are so cute when you blog too!!

Biz said...

Oh! Could you do a tips blog about blush? When I was in NYC they did two different colors on me - one on the apple and one along the cheekbone or something, but Ive always just used one color. Help!

carozza said...

leslie,
Okay i'm loving reading all your blogs. i need LOTS of makeup help. great work on all the brides. what a fun job!
dayle

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com