6.13.2008

Conversation with a friend...

Happy Friday all! I got an email from my good friend Heather yesterday about some hair and makeup advice and thought I would share it with you all. Enjoy!

Hey Heather!

If humidity makes your hair frizzy... Begin by applying a dropperful of silicone hair serum to soaking wet hair. Use more if your hair is long or thick. Next, blot hair with a towel to remove excess moisture (Don't rub!). Now apply a smoothing balm or strong-hold gel to strands from roots to ends. Comb through. Style as you normally would. When hair is dry, rub a bit of smoothing hair cream over ends and other areas that tend to frizz.

I heard great things about this product. I would say not to blow dry it at all while you are camping.

I have used this before and I think you would like it, plus it’s not too expensive. Then I would get a gel, not smoothing balm and work w/ your curls, not against them. Plus you really have cute natural wave/curl! This gel would be good…

But don’t use too much. At that point you should either wear your bangs back in a couple of bobby pins or cute head band, to keep them out of your face.

This is a cute one, but of course…you could probably find something similar at Target. I like the two band headbands, it’s a little different than the normal headband.

As far as your makeup goes, I would skip the foundation all together like you said and stick with a tinted moisturizer. It wouldn’t be any big deal to re-apply PLUS it has sunscreen in it. A good, inexpensive one is the tinted Moisturizer from Neutrogena…so good and light! I couldn’t find it online, but I know for a fact you can get it at Target or Walmart. If you gotten some sun you may want to get the 2nd lightest.

Hope all is well!

Leslie

2 comments:

Haley said...

I love your tips! We need to hang out soon.

Jenna said...

Hi Leslie! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! You are too sweet, and I loved visiting your blog as well! Hope you have a great night. :)

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com